There are many things in life that we end up regretting. From short-lived relationships to poor decisions made in the workplace – they always keep happening. However, only some decisions can be reversed. But Apple is generous to allow you to request an Apple Refund.
Fear not, if you have purchased the wrong product or made an in-app purchase by mistake. In this post, I will explain how to request refunds from Apple regarding Apple App Store and iTunes purchases. Therefore, read this post to get your hard-earned money back from Apple!
How To Request An Apple Refund?
I get it. You downloaded the wrong application by mistake or a stupid song from iTunes that your friends seem to enjoy. But now that you regret your buying decision, you wish to get your money back. Unfortunately, you don’t know how to.
It’s pretty easy to ask for an Apple refund request. You can request refund Apple for various purchases – like apps, in-app purchases, and even songs and albums on iTunes. Additionally, you can also request an Apple subscription refund as well!
However, you can only do so for Apple applications you downloaded directly from the App Store. If you downloaded them from third-party websites (hello, Apple Jailbreakers!), you have run out of luck. You cannot request Apple Pay refunds for these applications and music.
Read More: Reasons to Consider Buying Apple Phone
The process to request Apple for a refund Apple subscription is pretty straightforward. Here, you should know that all Apple refunds are carried out from the website called reportaproblem.apple.com. All you need to do is simply follow the steps that I have explained below:
- First and foremost, you should have downloaded the application from the Apple App Store or the Apple iTunes app.
Now, open the Apple App Store.
- After you do so, click on the Apps option at the bottom taskbar of the screen.
- Here you will see many options. Click on Request a Refund. For Mac users, you must click on the Report a Problem option, which does the same thing.
- You will be redirected to the reportaproblem.apple.com website, which will automatically open up on your browser.
- When this website opens, you must first sign in with your Apple ID, which you should do now.
- Now, click “I’d like to…..” to make various options pop up. Here, if you need to select Request a Refund. If you need an Apple subscription refund, click Cancel the Subscription instead.
- In the next section (Tell us more…..), you need to explain why you need a refund. After typing this out, click on Next.
- Now, you need to select the application for which you need a refund. After selecting it, click on Submit.
You can input many Apple refund requests in the steps explained above. For example, you can choose from various options after clicking the “I’d like to…….” option. The multiple choices that you have here are:
- I didn’t mean to buy this.
- My Purchase didn’t work as expected.
- A minor made the purchases without permission.
- I didn’t mean to sign up for the subscription.
- I didn’t want to renew the subscription.
- I did not receive the in-app purchase.
- Report other problems.
How Long Does It Take To Get An Apple Refund?
Typically, all Apple refund requests will be confirmed within 48 hours. However, the maximum that it can go is 72 hours.
However, this is for confirming or approving your Apple refund request submission. You will receive the money back slowly. Getting your Apple Pay refund will take approximately 7 to 10 business days from the request approval date.
If your Apple refund request has been approved, getting the money credited to your account might take a few days. There are three ways that Apple can pay your refunds back, which dictates how long it’s gonna take. However, no matter which payment you have chosen, contact Apple Customer Care if it crosses the 30-day mark. They are:
- Store Credit: You can get your Apple Pay refund using your Apple Account in under 48 hours.
- Smartphone Billing: If you use smartphone billing processes to purchase from the Apple App Store, it can take as long as 60 days to get the money back.
- Other Methods: If you used any payment method, it could take as long as 30 days.
I Cannot Make An Apple Refund Request -What Do I Do?
There can be many reasons why you are unable to request an Apple refund. The primary reasons why you might face such a situation are:
- You can only submit one Apple refund request about a particular product or subscription. If a refund request for the same app or subscription is already pending, you must wait for it to be carried out before requesting it again.
- If you request an Apple refund request immediately after making a purchase, there is a high chance it hasn’t been registered in Apple’s registry. This might be instant, or it can also take a day or two. Therefore, you cannot request a refund when this is the case. Here, you might have to update your payment information.
How To Check The Request Apple Refund Status?
If you wish to check the status of your Apple refund request, then follow these steps as they have been explained:
- Open the reportaproblem.apple.com website.
- Log in with your Apple ID.
- Navigate to the option Check Status of Claims and click on it.
- Finally, click on Pending.
Many people fear that they will not get a refund for any wrong purchases made in the Apple Store. However, they have a convenient website where you can request an Apple refund for any wrong purchases and subscriptions that you might have made. This website is easy to use and suitable for all users too!