The capability to access the WIFI signal of your Belkin router depends on the multiple conditions because the router has the features to safeguard your connection against the intruder. Now a people are facing the problem with the Belkin router but there are plenty of reasons are there like you are not configured properly. If your router is not connected properly then you are unable to access your Belkin router. So the successful connection like properly configured network settings provides a high range of coverage to your home network. In case you are having a problem with accessing your Belkin router then troubleshoot is the possible solution. So you can also connect the Belkin router through the Ethernet cable.
Problem With Belkin Router And How To Fix It:
Connect the Belkin Router via Ethernet for Troubleshooting:
Here some of the steps to fix the Belkin router problems with the help of troubleshooting
- Initially place the Ethernet cable to the router jack which is rear of the Belkin router and it is actually found at the top and it is normally white color when it comes to the Belkin router.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Belkin jack and plug the other end of the Ethernet cable to the computer. Wait for a while until the connection is established between the two devices.
- Open your web browser and in a browse bar type the 192.168.2.1 and press the enter tab. So this will open the Belkin web page of your computer screen. In case then screen it does not load then you have to reset the Windows TCP/IP settings.
- In a Belkin web page at the top you can find the login then click the login link which asks your password. Basically Belkin does not have the password if you created the password then type the same password as the login link or leave the password field as empty and click the login.
How to check the WIFI security settings:
Sometimes people have faced a problem with the Belkin in low network coverage or no network coverage then reason behind this was the poor WIFI security settings. If you have a low WIFI security settings then the hacker easily hacks your router so here some of the steps to check your WIFI security level settings.
- In a Belkin router click the “encryption option” that is located on the left panel under wireless option. Once you click the encryption option then the wireless security window is opened and this router provides the different types of encryption methods within the two modes. The first mode is Wired Equipment Privacy (WEP) which is the one used widely and the second one is WIFI Protected Access (WPA).
- Check the security mode drop-down menu, the wireless encryption is disabled on your network then the problem is not security-related. Suppose the Disabled is not selected then you have to activate the security for that you might need an appropriate key which is entered in the windows operating system.
- Check the password field because the key must be placed in all devices which you connect it in the Belkin router if the security is activated. At the same keep the record of the key it is to minimize the Belkin web interface.
How to reset the router:
Find the utility section in the Belkin router and press the “Restore Factory Default” and this enables the feature which you are not having the new update that you are done in the Belkin router. During the reset it is asking about the confirmation then click ok. Finally, the router is performing the automated restore and the router is rebooting automatically. Once the restore is successfully done on the router then reboot your computer.
192.168.2.1 is the IP address and Belkin broadband routers are using this IP address for their local network. According to 19216821ip.com most of the modem or router that are used for the home by configuring it in 192.168.2.1 IP address. It uses the routers for getting across the information back and forward the information across the world. In addition to it is using the Network Address Translation and the custom adjustments people can use this IP address.