Are you an engineering student? Are you searching for the best laptops for engineering students? Your struggle is going to end here. An average or general laptop can not fulfill the requirements of engineering students. They need to perform complicated tasks and programs. So it is really important that their laptop has all the configurations and features that will be able to tolerate the torture.
Apart from the main configuration, some additional features also play a huge role in offering a quality computing experience. So, keeping all these things in mind, I have prepared this list for you.
Top 5 Best Laptops For Engineering Students
Here are the 5 best laptops for engineering students. You will also get the CAD laptop on this list. All these laptops are configured and developed in such a way that they will be able to fulfill the requirements, which any engineering students will ask for.
I have included different types of laptops in this list so that as per your convenience and requirements, you can select the right one.
1. Dell XPS 15
- CPU: Intel 10th Generation Core i5 – i7.
- Graphics: Intel Ultra HD Graphics – GeForce NVIDIA GTX 1650 Ti
- RAM: 8 GB – 64 GB.
- Storage: M.2 PCIe NVMe 256 GB – 2 TB.
- Screen: Full HD 15.6 inchInfinityEdge Non-Touch Anti-Glare (1920 x 1200) 500-Nit – Ultra HD 15.6 inch InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective (3840 x 2400).
Without any doubt, I can say that Dell XPS 15 is one of the top laptops for engineering students that have hit the market a few months back in 2020. All the packed features are enough to sharpen your computing experience.
The impressive speakers, extremely comfortable keyboards, and obviously terrific trackpad have made it a hit laptop to date. Yes, it may not be perfect, but it is the best available laptop for engineering students.
- Amazing speakers.
- Comfy keyboard.
- Beautiful display.
- GTX 1650 Ti is a bit weak.
2. Asus Zephyrus G14
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS.
- Graphics: GeForce NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti – RTX 2060.
- RAM: Upto 32 GB.
- Storage: 512 GB or 1 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0.
- Screen: Non-glare Full HD 14 inch (1920 x 1080), IPS level panel, up to 120Hz – Non-glare WQHD 14 inch (2560 x 1440) IPS level panel, 60Hz.
Though the Asus Zephyrus G14 is designed as a gaming laptop, it has proven itself as an all-rounder laptop and one of the best laptops for engineering students. Whether you are searching for an intense gaming laptop or looking for a powerful laptop for productivity along with content creation.
This Asus laptop will deliver incredible performance in a thin and light chassis portable body. Yes, it is definitely not the cheapest option in the market, but you have to pay a minimum premium for better quality.
- Light and thin.
- Excellent performance.
- A gaming laptop with the best battery life.
- Fans may get loud.
- No webcam.
3. HP Spectre x360 15T
- CPU: Intel 8th Generation Core i7.
- Graphics: GeForce Nvidia 1050Ti along with Max-Q design.
- RAM: 8 GB – 16 GB.
- Storage: 512 GB SSD – 2 TB SSD.
- Screen: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 15.6-inch touch.
HP Spectre x360 15T is fitted with a powerful processor and graphics at the same time. This one of HP’s greatest and latest 2 in 1s has the brawn and bain as well. This is the reason why I have included this in the list of best laptops for engineering students.
With the responsive and beautiful touch screen along with the optional HP Tilt pen, you will be able to create those 3D designs like a pro.
- Sharp 4K display.
- Beautiful design.
- Excellent performance.
- Awkward trackpad position.
- Problematic vent placement.
4. Dell G5 15
- CPU: Intel 9th Generation Core i5 – i7.
- Graphics: GeForce NVIDIA GTX 1650 – RTX 2060.
- RAM: 8 GB to 16 GB.
- Storage: 128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD along with 1TB SATA Hard Drive and 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.
- Screen: FHD (1920 x 1080) 15.6 inch IPS 300-nits – FHD (1920 x 1080) 15.6 inch IPS LED Backlit Anti-Glare display, 144Hz.
Now start counting the features and benefits that you are getting from the Dell G5 15. So, let’s start; this is a gaming laptop that offers a solid gaming experience and amazing battery life. This laptop is also packed with a 144Hz refresh rate display. So you may understand what are the reasons behind it becoming one of the best laptops for engineers.
Whether you are a student or a professional, this Dell G5 15 is perfect for those who mostly rely on some graphics-intensive applications along with 3D design software. So, without any doubt, you can say that this is one of the many best laptops for engineering students.
- Great battery life.
- Strong gaming performance.
- Perfectly balanced set of features.
- Confusing configuration options.
- The IPS panel is simply OK.
5. Microsoft Surface Book 2
- CPU: Intel Core i5 – i7, 8th Gen.
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 – Intel HD 620 Graphics.
- RAM: 16 GB.
- Storage: Upto 1 TB SSD storage.
- Screen: 3240 x 2160 PixelSense 15-inch display.
Do you know which can be a better laptop for any engineering students than the particular one which is designed for? Here are another one of the best engineering laptops. By keeping the graphical designs and creative tasks in mind, Microsoft has developed the Surface Book line.
In order to make your creative experience more immersive and effortless, it has also been built to support surface Pen and Surface Dial. All the specifications are robust enough to last the laptop upto 17 hours while on casual gaming. You will definitely be surprised by the excellent cooling system that it is built with.
- Long Battery Life.
- Excellent Cooling.
- Massive Powerful.
- Very expensive.
- Small trackpad.
- No up-firing base speakers.
Being an engineering student, you will need a laptop that is capable enough for running complex programs like AutoCAD and many more. So, it has to be powerful enough so that you can uninterruptedly perform your task. While choosing a laptop for yourself from the best laptops for engineering students list, make sure that you are going through all the specifications. Check whether they will be able to fulfill your requirement or not. And do not forget about the budget as well.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Which Laptop Brand Is Best For Engineering Students?
Different laptop brands offer different configurations with some added features. While choosing a laptop brand engineering students have to be a little particular and go for those, which will fulfill their requirements. However, HP, Dell, Asus, and Acer are some top names of laptop brands for engineering students.
2. What Kind Of Laptops Do Engineers Use?
Whether you are pursuing electrical, computer, civil, chemical, aerospace, or aeronautical engineering, there is no particular laptop that can run all the different software which you will need. So, as per your subject and the software you will need you can choose the best laptops for you. You also need to make sure that the laptop has enough hardware configurations to run that high-end software.