App notifications have become a vital part of everyone’s lives. These have proven to be a handy way of establishing a connection with your family and friends. From constant reminders for birthdays, upcoming events, emails, Facebook messages, scheduled meetings, websites to all the others on our phone- notifications have been playing a pivotal role. They have become vital for optimizing the workflow.
With such exemplary benefits of providing ease to you, it becomes hard to ignore the cons. Yes, there arise situations when you want to tune the world away. Stringent work deadlines, presentation hours, distractions avoiding, or sleep is at stake when your phone buzzes with notifications from apps you no longer use. While Do Not Disturb can be your savior when you engage in iOS and macOS at any time. This feature ensures that your shiny iPhone doesn’t catch the attention of people in the theatre, or you can also prevent it from slowing from favorite app notifications. Well, now that you think about how to mute messages on mac, and whether it would be possible or not? Believe me when I say that it is. Hold on to know how you can stop the apps from sending you notifications. You can either do these all at once or one-by-one as it deems fit to you. Let’s get started:
1. View Notifications:
- You can perform a wide variety of functions on your Mac Notifications. All you’ve to do is move the pointer over the notification and watch amazing things happening.
- You can expand or collapse the notifications stack: Grouping of app notifications leads to stacking these multiply. See the notification by expanding the stack by clicking anywhere on the top. Click on show less by collapsing the stack.
- You can also take the necessary actions. You can reply to emails from the Mail app or snooze a notification for any other app. You can also see more details by opening the item in an app and can also see more details.
- Now that turning off notifications is on your list, then click open on the Apple menu. Visit the system preferences, and click on notifications. Select the app you wish to turn notifications on the left, and then click Allow Notifications towards the right. The Notification Preferences helps in clearing or showing all the notifications in a stack. You can do this by clicking on the Clear or Clear All button.
2. Disable all App Distractions:
One of the easiest ways of disabling all the notifications on Mac is by making use of Parallels Toolbox. Indulging in this helps in acting as a knife for macOS. Not only this, but it also brings more convenience to desktops and phones. You can enable Do Not Disturb mode like a pro while maintaining focus on the Presentation Mode. This mode prevents app notifications from showing up when your device is in the hands of your boss, saving you from the embarrassment of bouncing icons and pop-ups.
The application you download detects the strong connection of extra displays and prevents the occurrence of distractions. Thus, all you’ve to do is begin the presentation with ease while hiding the lock screen and messy desktop till the presentation continues. It also lets you download and record videos, take screenshots, free up memory, and clean the drive with absolute ease.
3. Pause Notifications:
Mac and iOS users have the advantage of stopping all the notifications until midnight. Following the below-mentioned steps provide you the ease of doing so:
- In the menu bar, click on the Notification Center
- Scroll down to the Do Not Disturb option.
- Turn on the Do Not Disturb mode.
- Press the Option key by clicking on the icon for Notification Center.
Dimming the icon on the right side of the Notification Center turns on the Do Not Disturb mode. After selecting the time for silencing the app notifications, you see that the Notification Center arrives silently until the chosen time or midnight.
4. Disable Notifications from Safari:
One of the newest features of Safari is the push-up notifications. You might have come across a situation when the user subscribes for notifications from different websites accidentally. Yet, subscribing to notifications from the pop-up window is usually voluntary. Now that you’re looking out to disable the accidental notifications, follow these steps:
- Click Safari> Preferences by opening Safari on the top of the menu bar.
- Click open the Website tab now.
- On the left side of the menu, choose Notifications.
- Select the website for which you’re looking out to disable notifications.
You no longer need to drag apps to the trash for uninstalling them. Tech giants recommend making use of an uninstaller tool for doing so. They say so because by trashing these apps, you’ll find a lot of unwanted files on your hard drive.
You can also disable your update notifications; in case you receive them too. Users tend to focus better by turning off notifications, enabling enhancement in work performance. We’ve covered all the necessary steps that should be on your checklist. Yet, remember to turn them on once your project is in the completion phase to end the scope of missing vital notifications!