A test case is a set of input data, initial and final execution conditions, and expected results. It is created for a specific purpose or test condition, such as executing a program path or verifying compliance with particular requirements.
While this definition sounds like a lot of work, you can create a test case in less than 5 minutes. All thanks to the Executive Automats software for Microsoft Dynamics 365. Learn more about it!
How To Create Your First Test Case From Scratch
Executive Automats reduces the process of writing a Microsoft Dynamics 365 test case to a few simple steps.
- Start by creating a project and naming it. Then connect the environment you will be using to it and select a virtual user. Add a new script and give it a name appropriate for the case.
- Confirm your selection with the OK button, and then click “Start” and “Record” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- When your recording begins, start going through the tested process. The software will track your actions and automatically save each step in the script. To finish, stop recording and save the process. It will transfer all the steps to the script in Executive Automats.
Now you can add a conditional step to the process, thanks to which you can verify its course. Place it after the tested phase and set the expected value and scenarios for positive and negative test results. If the desired result is achieved, it may be the continuation of the process and, in another situation, an error message.
At this point, you can play the script to see how it works. You will find the appropriate option in the same place as the recording. After that, the program goes through all saved steps, including validation and holding the test results in the Executive Automats “History” tab.
The entire process takes less than 5 minutes and includes creating and executing a script with a validation phase. Imagine how quickly you can complete a full test project this way!
Additional Reads: MS-101 Microsoft 365 Mobility And Security Exam
What Constitutes A Good Test Case?
Each Microsoft Dynamics 365 tester can have its own specific test-case structure. There is nothing wrong with that, as the tests should be tailored to the particular projects they serve. However, it should bear in mind that the created case must always contain some constant elements, such as:
- Steps to perform the test.
- The expected result.
Each Microsoft Dynamics 365 test case may contain a lot of information, but its quantity and quality must be appropriate to the complexity of the test.
To deal with their implementation as quickly as possible, use Executive Automats – a cross-platform regression, integration, and performance testing tool. It is created to increase MS Dynamics 365 deployment speed and expand testing quality and accuracy.
Additional Reads: Microsoft Cloud-Based ERP Guide
Why Use Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 software will help you to solve real-world testing problems in highly customizable and integrated environments. Thanks to the advanced features, you can build secure core business processes and then learn more about the continuous software development lifecycle and application updates.
Here are the pros of using this Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- This software will increase operational efficiency.
- The perfect tool for targeted marketing campaigns.
- They provide a seamless application process.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 will increase the communication level.
- It will build a very scalable database.
- Simple service scheduling is another great feature of using this software.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 will create a solid data architecture. The best part is for building every solid operational model. You have to put multiple data in there.
And this is the reason you should run the Microsoft Dynamics 365 test. Your data insertions will be perfect, and not only that, you can handle the whole work more conveniently. When you start to use Microsoft Dynamics 365, you no longer have to wait a long time for a response. You can get your desired results within five minutes.